IDEAS collects and manages multiple data sets that are structured specifically for academic research and analytics projects. Some of these data sets come from internal administrative data, while others are based upon publicly-available information.
We are excited about exploring projects that involve merging these data in new and unexpected ways. Contact us if you are interested in learning more.
Examples of Data Used in Our Work
- Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Characteristics of all higher education institutions in the U.S.
- Geocodes for all institutions
- Key diversity metrics from 1998 to present
- Institutional Rankings
- U.S. News Rankings of Undergraduate and Graduate Institutions (by discipline)
- Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU)
- Times Higher Ed World University Rankings
- All linkable by IPEDS Unit ID
- Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Historic Unemployment Rate
- History Inflation and CPI Inflators
- National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
- Aggregate statistics at a national and state level
- Includes by K-12 and higher education
- Linkable to other data sets based on geography